Thursday, April 22, 2010

Weekly update

Five hundred and eighty five miles in one day—I have more respect for over-the-road drivers since driving 585 miles on Monday. I drove all the way from south of Missoula, Montana to our home in Beaverton, Oregon. I think I have driven enough for a while; I plan to fly to my next meeting which is in Denver, Colorado.

I had many wonderful opportunities to speak with students about Mongolia and issues in missions at Northland Baptist Bible College's Missions Conference. Several serious-minded students talked to me about the ministry possibilities in Mongolia. Several others asked me what I thought was the best "cultural metaphor" for Mongolia.

I continue to hear good things from Mongolia about Ganpurev and Dashka stepping up and assuming appropriate responsibility within Faith Baptist Church. To me, this seems to be the best by-product of our time in the United States.

Keep praying for Kristie's health. We would be happy to see her health completely restored. As long as I am mentioning health needs, let me mention Joann Gay. Roland and Joann helped us in Mongolia from 2006-2008 and then returned to the U.S. to seek treatment for Joann's poor health. They returned this past February and have been ministering to Faith Baptist Church since their return. Joann has been ill with a variety of ailments since their return. Please pray that she too would return to complete health.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.