Friday, April 23, 2010

April prayer letter

I have not forgotten about all of you who pray for us. Nearly every day I am reminded that you are praying. And while I realize and admit that God in His sovereignty blesses His people, isn’t it good to know that you all through prayer can join with God uniting your hearts to see His will done on earth as it is in heaven. The items of interest that I write about are the results of God’s grace and gifts, but you have united your hearts in asking for these blessings to be poured out on us! Think about that.
I thank God publicly for blessing us so richly. The blessing that encourages me the most is to hear that male members of Faith Baptist Church are bearing their responsibilities with eagerness and perseverance. Ganpurev and Dashka especially have been a great blessing to Faith Baptist Church in Ulan Bator.
Imagine a child who wanders into the kitchen expecting to be fed. Young children will say to their mother (or father), “What can I eat?” What they are really asking is, “Give me something to eat.” Spiritually, the Mongolians have always come to a church service or come to my home saying, “Give us something to feed on from God’s Word.” But now they are like teenagers who have learned how to prepare food for themselves and others.
In Mongolia this week, some of the men will prepare spiritual food to feed themselves, their families, and other Mongolians. As a spiritual parent I am so glad to see this growth. As John said, “I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.”
Recently, I also heard from Mongolia that Enkhee, who is Ulzee’s older brother, was severely injured in an electrical accident. Enkhee made a profession of faith in Christ back in 2005 before we left on our first furlough. Spiritually, he grew for a while. But at some point he became more interested in working than in following Jesus as his Master. Perhaps this recent accident will remind him that life is short and that his allegiance should be to Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.