From the church in Mongolia we continue to hear good things. The best news that we have had is that several of the men are shouldering their responsibility. Because the Mongolians must realize that this is their church such news is encouraging to me. It was one of the reasons that we felt our furlough was necessary at this time.
In general, however, Mongolia is experiencing an extremely difficult winter. Many animals have died leaving some herders without a viable means of support. Each winter already draws thousands of new Mongolians to Ulan Bator in search of work; this winter should see an increase in the movement of people from the countryside to the city.
We arrived back in the United States from our trip to Mongolia late last Tuesday night. Kristie became sick on the trip home and has been sick ever since. Please pray for her to make a complete recovery. I have a busy couple of weeks coming up with meetings in Wisconsin, Montana, and Colorado before I head to California for meetings. It would be great if Kristie and I and the entire family were healthy.


No comments:
Post a Comment