Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Sea of Galilee


The Sea of Galilee is a blue jewel lying almost 700 feet below sea level in between the Golan Heights and the mountains of Galilee.

Personally, I found it to be a beautiful lake but was surprised that it was not larger. I guess from childhood I had also imagined a large lake. The water seemed clean without many contaminants.

This picture is taken from the west side of the lake at about its mid-point. The place is called the Cliff of Arbel. Capernaum would be to the left. Tiberius is just over the hill slightly to the right. Behind me several miles would be Nazareth positioned in the hills of Galilee. Across the lake would have been the country of the Gadarenes mentioned in Mark 5 and Luke 8.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.