Thursday, June 26, 2008

Weekly update

I have not been able to post as much as I would like to this week. I had intended to write this update yesterday but instead put it off until today. Yesterday was typical day where I seemed to spend much time doing little things. I started my work yesterday by going to the property where I am planning to build a building. Currently, there are some Mongolians working on building a block fence around the two public sides of the property. I checked on that project and met briefly with Ganpurev who feels as if he is running an ambulance service. He has taken a family member to the hospital for doctor appointments five times in four days. In between those hospital runs, he has been helping me with the fencing project.

After that I met with Bold to work together on translating a brief history of revival in a nearby Asian country entitled "When God's Fire Swept Korea." Following that, I visited the Bridge College where two young men from my church will be studying next year to drop off some paperwork that is needed to obtain permission from the Ministry of Education that allows those two young men to study here. I finally was able to sit down briefly for lunch. Then I met with Daniel, another missionary, about a project that we will be working on together - more about that in a moment.

After my meeting with Daniel, I took my car to Gustavo for some work. I hope to have the car back soon. Then after a thirty minute break for dinner, it was time for prayer meeting. Prayer meeting went well. After that, Kristie and I met for over an hour to counsel Gantsetseg and finished after nine o' clock. Gantsetseg is new to our church. Currently, her husband and her are separated. The Holy Spirit guided our conversation, and I believe some progress has been made. Sunday, Gantsetseg said that she would be bringing her sister to church with her.

Daniel Elliot, Bill Patterson, and I will be starting an English service on Sunday nights beginning this Sunday. I am leading songs and providing the rooms where our Mongolian church meets. Daniel is providing a children's program. Bill will be preaching. I suspect that the English service will be better attended than the Mongolian service. Please pray for God's help and blessing with that.

Also, the Mongolian parliamentary elections will be this Sunday. Although I do not know exactly how the new parliament will affect us, I would ask that you would pray that honest people would be elected. The church will be holding a special prayer meeting this Saturday evening to pray.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.