Monday, June 23, 2008

Aya update

Aya is Ulzee's mother. Several weeks ago she had surgery to remove some abdominal tumors. The results of the biopsy of those tumors came back today, and they are malignant. The doctors are saying that she needs chemotherapy.

I have three prayer requests in all this.

First, I would like Aya to present a clearer testimony of her salvation to her family and me. She says that she has given up her other gods and believes in Jesus. I am grateful for this confession and for her obvious decision to quit performing Buddhist rituals.

Second, pray for comfort and strength for Aya. If she does endure chemotherapy here in Mongolia, I can assure you that it will be more physically demanding than chemotherapy is even in the States.

Third, pray that through this situation Aya's extended family members would come to saving faith in Jesus Christ. Aya is currently the eldest member of her extended family and that carries some amount of respect with it. As difficult as the circumstances are, it is a unique opportunity for Ganpurev, Ulzee, me, and Aya to be a witness for Jesus Christ. But we need the Holy Spirit's power, strength, and help to be a witness and the convict the hearts of Mongolians.

Your prayers at this time for us are greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.