Monday, June 09, 2008

Update

It has been a busy week, though I don't have as much to show for it as I would like. The number of people attending Faith Baptist Church's meeting yesterday was down. There were only nine adults. Still a year ago, I would have been happy to see nine adults. It seems like the big days get a little bigger and the down days are not quite so low. The entire service seemed to be lacking in vitality to me . The singing seemed anemic, the preaching seemed strained (and I was preaching), and the people seemed tired. Some weeks just do not seem as exciting as others.

After the service, I had a chance to share a meal with Bilgee and Basca, two young men who I believe could be the core of the church. Both are young men who claim to be serious about serving the Lord. However, the Christian life is a daily struggle. Some of conversation yesterday revealed that they think that following Christ is a decision made one day that lasts for the rest of one's life. But Jesus Himself said, "If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me." It is not simply a matter of saying once, "I consecrate all to Jesus Christ." Rather, it is a matter of daily offering myself afresh.

In other news, Gustavo's wife Bayarmaa had her baby - a little boy. My wife and I already went to visit. They are both doing fine although there are some little complications that are worrying Gustavo. I think that mother and baby are both normal; Gustavo's worry though makes it harder for his own family. I told him so. Please pray for Gustavo to give his worries to God and accept the peace that passes all understanding that God offers us.

Aya will be having surgery on Wednesday to remove some abdominal tumors. She is scared Ulzee says. Please pray that she too would find peace.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.