There is no Father's Day in Mongolia; but being Americans, we observed some of the traditions of the day. My children and wife made me cards, everyone wished me a "happy Father's Day," and Kristie made a special cake to celebrate the day. I enjoyed the love and attention very much.
Attendance was down some today. I suspect that summer has something to do with it. The roads are seeming more and more empty as people leave the city to go to the countryside. Mongolians in government jobs often get a whole month of vacation and use it to leave the city. There is a general exodus out of the city as workers and many of the college students head to the countryside for the summer.
Just an update, Bayambaa (be - yim - baa!) still has not had her baby. Her father Tsendee (tsen - day!) came to our church services today for the first time in weeks. He had been in the countryside looking for a sheep. He starts work early in the morning and then comes directly after work to the church service. This morning he fell asleep during my lesson. Last week, I got lost will illustrating a point I was making and this week I had someone fall asleep during my lesson. I think I'm starting to get the hang of this speaking Mongolian thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment