Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Weekly update

I want to share with you a victory in prayer. I earnestly believe that your prayers are significant to my ministry here and want to assure you that God does answer your prayers. In last week's prayer update I asked you to pray for our meeting with Bob; this week I am rejoicing as I report that Bob made a profession of faith over the weekend. Let me bring some of you up to date on who Bob is and why the events of this past week are so momentous to me.

Bob is the first man that I ever witnessed to in Mongolia way back in 2002. Sometimes he would seem open to hearing the Gospel; sometimes he seemed almost possessed, railing against me and falsely accusing his Christian wife of all sorts of evils. But that is one reason that his salvation is so significant: his wife is a Christian. We want entire families to be united in Christ. Other missionaries have come to Mongolia, seen the difficulties in the marriage of a Christian to a non-Christian, said it was hopeless, and encouraged the saved spouse to divorce the unsaved spouse. I believe that God is greater than our "impossibilities," and Bob's salvation is another reminder of that!

If you were to ask me two years ago or four years ago who I thought the most unlikely man to become a Christian was, I would have answered without hesitation Bob. His pride, his self-sufficiency, his addiction to sin, his many unsaved friends - there is no doubt that Bob was the least likely to become a Christian. Again, that is why his salvation is so significant.

Finally, he has friends and acquaintances everywhere. We cannot walk down the street together without Bob meeting someone that he knows. One of them just recently became a member of parliament. Imagine the impact Bob's godly life could have on those friends. Some of these friends are very evil. One of Bob's greatest fears is that his evil friends will pull him back to a life of sin.

Let's pray together that the same miraculous power that God exhibited to draw Bob to Himself would be exhibited in Bob's life. I am praying that God would protect him from sin and cause him to grow spiritually. I am praying that through all of this God might be glorified and another light may shine brightly for our Savior in this dark country.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.