Monday, October 13, 2008

Victory!

Where to begin? Yes, yesterday our attendance continued to rise with over 45 people in both the morning service (Mongolian) and the evening service (English). We literally spilled out of the room we are in. We need more room! (I'm not complaining, it's a good problem to have.)

But the best news of the day was Bob's profession of salvation after the morning service. Pastor Jaquith and I had gone to see him on Saturday and had a profitable opportunity to witness to him. We pressed him to tell us whether he would surrender to Christ and beg God's forgiveness for his sins. When he said that he needed to think about it, Pastor Jaquith asked if he could give him an answer tomorrow (Sunday). Bob said that he would think about it.

Pastor Jaquith preached in the morning service on some duties of the Christian. Ganpurev followed up with an evangelistic sermon. To close the service we sang "I Have Decided to Follow Jesus." We have sang this song many times before, but I noticed this time that Bob had joined in the singing with us. That's odd, I thought, he's never joined in singing this song before.

After the service, I approached Bob and asked if he had an answer. He said that he was ready "to believe" but that he wanted the three of us to talk. We found some privacy in a storage room and began to talk. At the end Bob bowed his head and prayed confessing his sinfulness and asking God to change him.

There's so much more I could write about. I will try to do so soon. I know that many of you have been praying with me for years for Bob's salvation. Praise the Lord, I believe that God has answered those prayers. Now pray for Bob's spiritual growth and for protection from temptation.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.