Thursday, January 17, 2008

Wednesday night prayer meeting

We have a prayer meeting on Wednesday nights primarily for the men of our church. That is not to say that women cannot come, but almost all the men of the church work close to the church rooms and so we invited them to come directly after work to pray.

Often we only have one or two Mongolian men attend. I cannot remember a time when no one came, but there have been times when just Roland and I started the prayer meeting and the sole Mongolian came late.

That is what makes last night so special. I was working at the church rooms (my office is there too) waiting for others to come. The first knock at the door was about ten minutes early. It brought me to my feet; I expected it to be Roland who is usually the first to arrive. But it was not Roland but Bilgee. Shortly after, Bilgee opened the door for Ganpurev. After Ganpurev came in, Bilgee's phone rang. He talked briefly with someone and left which surprised me. But in a minute he returned with his friend Jagaa in tow. Jagaa is a Christian young man whom I have met on several other occasions. He attends another church in town and works for a man from New Zealand that I know.

A few minutes passed and then, right on time, another knock. But it still was not Roland but Dashgaa who had been unable to attend the prayer meetings recently because his wife's pregnancy meant that he had been picking up his children from school (no school buses in Mongolia). Roland followed shortly after and entered the room to see not one or two or even three but four Mongolian men gathered to pray for the salvation of others and the strengthening of our church. It was encouraging to me to see such a good turn out. As you pray for us and Faith Baptist Church in Mongolia, please remember to pray that these young Christians would see the power of God through prayer, realize the importance of prayer, and make attending corporate prayer meetings a priority as well as give time to prayer in their personal lives.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.