Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Prayer update

Monday night I visited Ganzorig's house. Ganzorig is older than me and works as a carpenter. He fell down a flight of stairs at work and severely injured his leg. The doctor who examined it said that nothing was broken but the injury was severe enough that he has been off of work for several days and does not anticipate going back for several days more. In Mongolia where there is no workman's comp insurance such a break from work without pay most likely means the injury is serious. Although I have met him before at other's homes, I had never had a chance to witness to him. It was to witness to him that I visited. As he talked he asked (unusually for Mongolians), "Did you come to tell me something."

"Yes," I responded, "I came to tell you about Jesus." It was a great way to break the ice and start introducing him to my Savior. Given his reputation, I was concerned that he might be angry. (He once got into a knife fight with a friend of mine.) However, he listened without saying anything and took a Gospel tract that I offered him. I told him that I would be back to talk more with him about the tract, and he did not refuse. Please pray for the salvation of Mongolian men and that God would raise up Mongolian men to be leaders of the church here.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.