Saturday, February 24, 2007

Lunar New Year - Day Seven

The invitations for Lunar New Year visits just kept coming. I think we are finally done having completed two more visits today to make thirteen visits in all. I think I am tired of eating buuz, drinking milk tea, and trying to make small talk in Mongolian for two hours.

However, all the hours spent at Mongolians homes in the past week have not been wasted. During the Lunar New Year's celebrations we have had the opportunity to be in several homes where we would not be expected to be the rest of the year. I also had several opportunities to be a witness for Jesus Christ.

There is also exciting news about Ganpurev. He and his family went to the countryside to be with Ganpurev's relatives this past week. Two interesting things came out of this. First, Ganpurev has come to be known among his relatives as the person whose God does not allow him to drink alcohol. It is an interesting appellation. It also means that he is no longer under so much pressure to drink.

Secondly, he had the opportunity to witness to several brothers. At first, one was quite antagonistic to hearing about Ganpurev's God because he realizes that the true God is a threat to his gods. But by the end of the hours long conversation, he seemed to be questioning his long-held beliefs. For those of who praying for Mongolian men by name the two brothers are Byasaa (whom I mentioned hearing about God's salvation when he was in UB in January) and Ulzeet.

It is exciting for me to see my sons in the faith go out and be a witness to others without my help. I have been thinking about the possibility that Ganpurev and I might travel to the countryside several times a year to continue witnessing to his family.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.