The temperature finally rose above freezing this last Monday. The ice has been melting, and small puddles are everywhere. It was the first time it had been above freezing since early November, I think. Usually, it is not this warm until mid-March; the current weather is about twenty degrees above average. Maybe it is global warming.
Our last Lunar New Year visit took place Monday night when we went to our neighbor's apartment. When my neighbor asked me which school I graduated from, I took the opportunity to tell him that the most important thing is not our Christian denomination but that we know who Jesus is.
Late Monday night, my stomach rebelled against eating buuz. I had eaten buuz or bansh (both are meat dumplings, the only difference is one is steamed and one is boiled) every day and sometimes three times in a day for nine days straight. I hope that I have eaten my last buuz and bansh for a while. Kristie made a wonderful pot of lentil soup for us Tuesday night, and it was a great meal and wonderful break from eating buuz.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment