On Saturday I spoke to five men about the claims of Christ. The good news was that Byasaa and Dalai, two of the men to whom I had spoken to the night before) came to the Bible study on
Sunday even though they had lots of work to do before they returned to the countryside. They even brought their sister. (The picture is of Ganpurev, his two children, and his two brothers.)In other good news, Bob and Ganaa came without their two daughters. Are you wondering how coming without their children could be good news. They explained that their daughters had a lesson at school (lessons on Sunday?!). Still, they dropped their daughters off and came. The good news is that they could have used their daughters' lessons as an excuse to not come.
Buren came from work and then returned to work. When he came by himself, I asked him if his daughter Chimgee was coming because they usually come together. He said that he had left early to go out and had not been home. I know he had been working. The good news is that instead of working through, he chose to take time to come to a Bible lesson. None of these men are saved, so for them to make an extra effort when they had excuses not to come really says something.
The extra good news is that part of the lesson on Sunday was the need for all people to repent. We are starting lessons that will take us through the book of Mark looking at Jesus as Son of Man and Son of God. My intend is to put out the humanity and deity of Jesus to the unsaved and the servant spirit of Jesus to the saved. Please pray for these series of lessons that should take us right through the summer.
I see the Spirit of God at work, drawing men to the Savior. I know that God is sovereign and does all things according to His good pleasure, but He also calls on us to pray for all men. I see the interest that people are showing and their willingness to overcome obstacles in order to be at a Bible lesson as evidence that people are praying. Please continue to pray for the salvation of these men.


No comments:
Post a Comment