Today, I spent about an hour talking with Ulzee. We reviewed what happened this last Sunday and talked about how to follow up with all the people who came. It was exciting to see over twenty Mongolian adults come. Now if we could just get that many to come every week!
In the course of our conversation, I asked her how she became interested in Jesus Christ. Hearing her share her testimony of how she came to Christ greatly strengthened my commitment to be a witness for Jesus Christ. My eagerness to see others come to saving faith in Christ gradually built as she shared the various ways that God had drawn her to Himself. But the high point came when eyes glowing she remarked, "The best day of my life was when I became a child of God!" I was reminded of the utter joy that comes watching people give their eternal destinies to Jesus Christ and trust Him to be their Savior from sin.
What a motivating way to start the new year! As she talked I remembered clearly the difference between their pre-child of God days and the joy and peace and submission in their lives after they received Christ as Savior. It renewed my desire to be a witness for Jesus Christ and lead others to the Savior who is the Prince of Peace, Wonderful, the Shepherd of our souls.
Please pray that God would grant me boldness to speak and that the Holy Spirit would work through me to bring Mongolian men to Himself. There is such joy and fulfillment in leading others to our Lord. May God grant all of us many opportunities to be His witnesses in our Jerusalems, in our Judeas and Samarias, and to the uttermost parts of the earth!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment