I have already written some about my conversation with Bob on Wednesday. But he said some things that I found to be extremely gratifying. First, he mentioned that change that he is seeing in Ganpurev. Now, he thinks it is better to change first and then baptized as a signal of his salvation. But I explained to him that the change comes after salvation. But in truth, we cannot change ourselves. Only the power of Jesus Christ can do that. I still think that it is a matter of personal pride with Bob. He thinks he can work his way to salvation when the Bible clearly says that salvation is only found in Jesus Christ.
Secondly, Bob mentioned that he sees that peace that is in Christians and wants that peace. Again, I told him frankly that peace could only be found in Jesus Christ. When I challenged him to give up his pride and submit to Jesus Christ, he began to make excuses. For example, he said, "What will my friends think?" I pointed out that it is a choice between Jesus Christ and his friends.
On Sunday, we had eight Mongolian adults, five Mongolian children, five American adults, and seven American children at our services. During the first lesson, we split up into a class for children and preaching for the adults. When the twenty-five of us tried to gather in the living room for the second lesson, it was crowded.
We are scheduled to move into some rooms for our services on Sunday starting in two weeks. There is quite a bit of work to do before that happens.
Also, in three weeks on February 18, Sunday falls on the first day of Mongolia's Lunar New Year celebrations. Because so much happens that first morning, we have been wondering if anyone will come. Ganpurev's family, for instance, will be traveling to the countryside to be with Ganpurev's mother for that morning. Bob, who came to Sunday's services, told me that no one would come on February 18. Well, at least my family will be there. But your prayers for that Sunday would be appreciated.
Sunday, January 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment