The weather is increasingly warm in Mongolia. After months and months of experiencing cold, one rejoices in temperatures above freezing. Somewhere I saw a report that it may be as warm as 73 F on Wednesday, but the same place predicted snow and temperatures below freezing on Thursday. Those of us from the Pacific Northwest are not used to such dramatic changes in weather.
We had four visitors Sunday night. I received a text on Saturday asking if I would pick someone up at a hotel downtown. It turned out to be a Filipino who came to work in Mongolia. He ended up being a friend of a friend of one of our regular attenders. Also, the Filipino man and I talked during our trip to the church meeting. He gave a clear testimony of salvation. In addition, a young Mongolian man who comes occasionally came and brought three relatives with him. After I helped him this past week he told me that he would come. He brought his brother and two cousins. I was preaching on the resurrection of Christ and was preaching the Gospel. Please pray for the salvation of Mongolian men.
But not only do Mongolians need to be saved, they need to grow in steadfastness. Please pray for this. Many times we respond to God culturally rather than Biblically. For example, many Americans attend church because their parents attended church. They have no relationship with God that motivates them to gather with His people. They attend out of cultural habit. Similarly, many Mongolians only visit a Buddhist temple or go to see the shaman when they have a difficulty. They end up treating God the same way: they only attend church when there is some difficulty. Breaking the pattern of thinking that one need not attend church when things are going well is part of our work here. It's work that we are privileged to have but that we need the power of God to see progress.
How about you? Do you maintain a religious front because of cultural pressure? Do you long to skip a church service but worry that someone might call you to ask what is wrong? Do you attend out of a sense of duty? Examine your own heart and see if your relationship with God needs to be strengthened!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment