Sometimes it's the small victories that encourage us.
This past week, Ganpurev and I met with another church member to pray. At this prayer meeting this church member mentioned that he had another engagement on Sunday that would keep him from church. Some fellow parents at his children's school had signed him up for some sort of sports contest and he wouldn't be able to come to church.
Ganpurev pointed out that by baptism and claiming to be a follower of Christ, this member had signed up to be at church. And I added, I would immediately sign him up to serve on Sunday morning. Actually, this fellow already has a place of service every Sunday but has often been careless and not fulfilled that role.
It's Sunday morning, and I just heard from this man that he will be at the church meeting and in his place of service. Praise the Lord! I know this means that he will disappoint others who were expecting him to be at the sports contest. I also know how difficult it is for him to disappoint people. But I would rather he disappointed people to please the Lord. I think the difficulty for him is that people are so close and sometimes the Lord seems so distant.
Pray for these Mongolians to take seriously their commitment to Jesus Christ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment