Have you ever had first-time visitors come to your all-church cleaning day? We have an annual tradition of an all-church cleaning day the Saturday previous to Resurrection Sunday. This past weekend, my family and I were a few minutes late to the cleaning day and were surprised to find that we were the first ones to arrive. We even arrived before the watchman who lives on the property; we teased him later that traffic made him late.
When Ganpurev came he brought with him his sister, brother-in-law, and niece to the cleaning day. It was the first time that they had been to a church gathering. They returned the next day for our Resurrection Day services. Ganpurev’s sister and niece are in the city seeking medical treatment. Please pray for their salvation. Their names are pronounced Boy•nah (sister), Bold (brother-in-law), and Buy•rah (niece).
I wish I could tell you that we were bulging at the seams on Sunday with people standing outside the door or even listening in at the windows which would be something amazing to see since the auditorium is on the second floor. Significantly, we did have two new families at Resurrection Day services. I don’t know if it was the eagerness to preach well or the weight of the day on me, but I did not speak Mongolian well on Sunday. I was too self-conscious about speaking the language well, I guess.
In the English service, the choir did a good job with their performance except for the soloist. He struggled a little on the first verse before the choir joined him in the chorus. Other than that I was pleased with the music. It has been such a blessing and a help to have the Ritchie family assisting us this year. He was responsible for all the music both at Christmas and Easter.



No comments:
Post a Comment