Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Deans' weekly update: spring tiredness
They call it "khawriin yadargaa"; roughly translated it means, "The tiredness of spring." Not everyone in Mongolia is affected by it, but it seems that most are. I would describe it as a feeling of malaise that leads to carelessness in work and family. People feel like sleeping all the time, they are listless at their job, they frequently seem to be sick, and the excuse is "the tiredness of spring." I, too, have felt it. Though in my case, I think the tiredness stems from back pain that I have been experiencing at night that has interrupted my normal sleeping schedule.
The result spiritually can be dramatic: Christians quit reading their Bible, they quit coming to church because they slept in, they are careless in their relationships resulting in hurt feelings. It is at this time that a pastor must encourage the people God has given him to be reading their Bibles daily and to be fervent in prayer. Pray for the Mongolians to be eager followers of Christ and not just call themselves Christians.
In other news, we not only had Mongolians and Americans at the Sunday morning service this past weekend, we also had a lady from Singapore and another from the Ukraine. These two ladies were friends of Enkhtuul and had come to meet her church. It was an encouraging day to realize that though we come from many backgrounds, we all serve the same Savior.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment