Yesterday's post may have caused some consternation among those of you who follow my blog and ministry. You may be wondering who are these folks that have passed away recently.
The first person to pass on to eternity was Bob's sister who is only a few years older than I am. I found out last Wednesday when he came to borrow some tables and chairs to accomodate the folks that would be visiting. His sister felt poorly Tuesday night, went to the hospital, and was gone by Wednesday afternoon.
That same day, Dashka's uncle passed away. I am not sure how old he was; but knowing his mother's approximate age, I think it is fair to guess that Dashka's uncle was about my parent's age.
Yesterday, Ganchimeg's aunt passed away. She was in her 50's, went in for surgery on her neck, and did not survive the surgery. It was very tragic and unexpected.
Aya is still with us. I am amazed at the mercy & grace of God to preserve her for us all this time. Please pray for Ganpurev, Ulzee, and Aya as they continue to serve the Lord.
However, Ganpurev called me this morning to tell me that a friend of his who is about our age also passed away suddenly. I had met Amraa once or twice years ago. He is a fellow who grew up with Ganpurev but was a heavy drinker. After Ganpurev became a Christian he found himself spending less and less time with Amraa who encouraged him to drink. But it is very tragic to see so many people not much older than me lose their life so unexpectedly.
Pray that God would use these reminders of the uncertainty of life to draw Mongolians to Himself!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment