Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Deans' weekly update
Three deaths in a week—there have been three deaths this past week in the extended families of our church members. All of them were relatively young, one of them only a few years older than myself. What a reminder that life is short and judgment is real! I had not personally met any of these Mongolians who are now in eternity. But the church folks had. This makes it imperative that I equip the Mongolians preach the Gospel to family and friends and impress upon them the urgency of the task.
Because of this burden that I have, I was pleased to hear that Ganpurev took several opportunities to preach Christ to family and friends during a recent, brief trip to the countryside. He used a new Gospel booklet to give the Good News to an old school friend and a brother-in-law among others. Please pray that all the Mongolians would eagerly tell their family and friends that there is a Savior and that He is the God of the Mongols.
On the weather front, it looks like tomorrow may be the first day above freezing since November. Of course, if we miss our opportunity for “warm” weather tomorrow they are predicting a new cold snap for us that means a week or more of sub-freezing temperatures. We would like it to warm up because we are already halfway through March.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment