Sunday, March 18, 2012

Soldier's Day

Today is Soldiers' Day in Mongolia. I think it's similar to Veterans' Day in the United States. The Mongolians don't seem to do much to honor soldiers, however, which is sad.

This morning, more than half of those in attendance said that verse from memory that the church is memorizing. The previous few weeks, only Ganpurev had said the verse. It was becoming discouraging; then God encouraged me as so many were prepared to say the verse from memory.

This morning, Kristie listened patiently to several complaints that a Mongolian had. The source of all the complaints was this Mongolian's service given to God was being taken advantage of by people who seemed careless. While I was sad to hear her complaints, it reminded me that the Mongolians are taking on more and more of the service in the church meetings. They are noticing more the inconsiderate behavior of unsaved guests or immature Christians. These are good steps for the Mongolians to be taking.

I was reminded of a little ditty I heard somewhere:

God has plenty of material
For prophets, priests, and kings.
What He needs are some volunteers
To do the little things.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.