Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Deans' weekly update


I have two requests to bring to your attention this week. I would ask you to pray for Dashka’s mother who has surgery this week. You remember that Dashka’s wife and two brothers passed away in January 2011. Last month an uncle passed away. Now his mother is facing serious abdominal surgery. The first doctor to examine his mother refused to offer surgery because he considered her to be too frail. They found a second doctor willing to perform surgery; however, he has been explicit about the dangers. Dashka is very worried about this surgery that his mother is facing. Please pray for him to have peace.

Dashka and I shared the Gospel with his mother Tegshboyan several months ago. We both would love to see her become a child of God through this. None of Dashka’s family are Christians which makes the family decision making process rather difficult for Dashka.

Also, pray for Togsoo who was saved and baptized some years ago. Recently, he has allowed work to keep him from his personal walk with God. This past Sunday he attended an optional basketball tournament rather than attending the church service and sprained his ankle.

He has an older relative who is a shaman. This relative has been telling Togsoo that they must meet because the spirits of his deceased grandfather and grandmother wish to tell him something. I understand that so far Togsoo has resisted this temptation to participate in demonic activity. But his wife is very concerned that he will choose to participate at some point. I hope to meet with Togsoo soon. Please pray for me to have the right balance of grace and truth.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.