Thursday, March 29, 2012

Springtime in Mongolia

It's springtime in Mongolia; and it's impossible not to notice. The weather can switch suddenly from one extreme to another. Today for example, the weather started out chilly. By mid-morning, snow flurries covered the ground with a thin, white layer. But not long after lunch, the clouds parted, the sun came out, and the snow melted away to damp pavement. I headed out to go to the bank. By the time I left the bank, the weather has changed backed to snow, this time large, heavy flakes. Mongolians say that spring is temperamental like a woman. I don't know if that true or not: my wife certainly isn't temperamental like a Mongolian spring.

Dashka's mother came through surgery without any trouble today and seems to be recovering well. Dashka is relieved. Please pray for Tegshboyan's salvation.

In our English church services, we have a Bible lesson for the children until age ten after which they join our adults for the preaching. That meant that my son, Caleb, recently began sitting under my preaching. I was flattered this last Sunday on the drive home from the church meeting. Kristie asked Caleb what he thought of my sermon. "It was great!" he responded enthusiastically.

My daughter groaned, "Oh, I want to listen to daddy's sermons …" But she's only eight and has to wait.

Still, it's flattering to think that my children want to listen to my preaching and enjoy it. Just don't ask them what I preached about. They usually can't tell you.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.