Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Weekly update

We had an unusual Sunday morning this past week ... again. This time the item of note was that few people came. We had Ganpurev's family there, of course; and another visiting family joined us. Though we had bits and pieces of a few other families it was a disappointing turnout. I was preaching on the benefits of meditation too, a topic that I believe is important to every Christian's life. Neither of the two ladies scheduled to be in the nursery were there! But it was not a big deal since only two nursery age children came. The other members valued other opportunities above the chance to join with their brothers and sisters in Christ to worship, fellowship, and exhort one another. Some were sick, some were doing home repairs, some just did not come.

Please pray that these Mongolian Christians (many of whom are young in the Lord) would learn to place the most important priorities first. This past Sunday I encouraged them all to read their Bibles daily, pray daily, and meditate on Scripture daily. I even gave them a little booklet of verses which they could memorize and use to meditate. Spiritual growth occurs when we make a conscious effort to follow Jesus Christ and place heavenly things first.

We had another good turnout in the evening for the English service. A family that Kristie and I had visited and invited to attend was unable to join us because of illness. They were healthy enough on Saturday when I visited. But Sunday afternoon when I called, the husband was sick. Could it be our enemy trying to prevent people from hearing truth? Pray for those to whom we minister to be impacted by the word of God.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.