They are filling the rooms and spilling out into the hallways. There are so many of them that there is not room enough for them all. Such is the latest report from the children's hospital here in Mongolia where a flu epidemic has sent many little ones to the hospital to prevent dehydration. I think Kristie and Charissa have already experienced this flu outbreak. The rest of us have yet to be sick with it. Young children are especially susceptible to dehydration. Several church members' children have been very sick with this.
Several members who once came regularly to church have quit coming. Perhaps they just do not have time for church. On the other hand, we have had several new visitors recently. Here is an interesting story about one of our visitors.
The current location where the church meets is not easy to find because it is surrounded by construction projects that make it seem as if nothing could be there. Further, the entrance to the store front that we rent is in the side of the building away from the alley that passes by. What that means is that people in vehicles cannot see the church's sign unless they park their cars and walk around the building. (I hope to have a more prominent sign in the future.) I was expecting guests to come to the English service last Sunday night. I had actually invited them three weeks before but a series of events (including a fishing trip) prevented them from attending. As I waited for them at the entrance, I realized that maybe they would come down the alley and miss the church's sign. I walked around to the other side of the building to catch them. As I turned the corner, a taxi whizzed by me; and I caught a glimpse of Tengis sitting next to the driver. Unfortunately, they had already passed driving at a rather high rate of speed for an alleyway with pedestrians. I immediately called Tengis on my cell phone.
"Hey, I just saw you pass our building in a taxi. Turn around and come back," I told him.
"Stand in the street where we can see you," he told me.
I hesitated to stand in the street remembering how quickly the taxi had been traveling before. After all, it is hard to stand and lead songs if you have two broken legs ... anyway, I did as instructed, standing in the street and waving as soon as I saw the taxi. There turned out to be no danger, and Tengis and Bolormaa attended the service. Please pray for their salvation. Tengis is depending on his good works to make him righteous. Bolormaa told me that she is Buddhist (but interested in improving her English).
Until the next update, keep praying.


No comments:
Post a Comment