We only had fourteen Mongolians in attendance at the Mongolian service yesterday—a disappointingly low number for October; not that I am discouraged, not at all. It just means that I need to focus more on reaching out to new people and less on discipling the ones that I don’t have.
I felt like my Mongolian during my sermon yesterday was clear and flowing, a feeling that I have not had for some weeks. I was sitting through Ganpurev’s sermons and enjoying listening to his good preaching. However, recently I have been sitting in the entryway to greet people and ward off thieves. We have lost many coats over the years to people who come in off the street, notice that no one is watching the coat rack and make off with whatever they can. Currently, there should always be someone sitting in the entryway to greet people as they come in; however, every once in a while someone overlooks his duty and something goes missing.
Three people came in on Sunday morning, found out we were having a Bible study, and abruptly left. Two of them claimed that they were looking for a different church. The storefront where the church currently meets is surrounded by “Christian” churches. There are literally about four building used for religious purposes within a long stone’s throw of where we are.
Sunday evening we had a decent crowd come out for the service which is in English. It never ceases to amaze me the group that we have come: some from Mongolia, some from Europe, some from North America.
Kristie continues to struggle with her health. Some days are better than others. Sunday was a good day for which I am grateful. Today she seems to be recovering from Sunday. Please continue to pray for her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment