Thursday, October 28, 2010

Deans' weekly update

The highlights of this week are more visitors, the building continues to progress, and a fall-off in attendance at the Bible institute. Let's dive right into these items.

I am glad to report that we continue to have visitors. Last Sunday morning Ganbold came in off the street to sit in on our service. When I talked to him he told me that he just came in off the street with his son. We talked a while, and he left with our detailed tract describing salvation. This week he was back without his son whom he said was sick. He came in about halfway through and said to me (I was greeting late-comers at the time) something about being late. Please pray that Ganbold would continue to come and that others like him would join us.

We had three others come in but they left without even sitting down. One man came and asked what kind of lesson was being taught. I told him that a Bible lesson was about to begin and invited him to take his coat off and join us. I left him as he began to take off his coat and walked around the corner to give him time to take off his coat. A minute later he was gone. I looked out the door and saw he was already far down the walk. Perhaps he was looking for an English lesson. Two more came in a few minutes later, said that they had only come to church to meet someone and that they must be at the wrong church because their friend was not there. They then left.

The building project is going very well. The tile upstairs is nearly done. Work remains to be done on the walls, and the plumbing needs to be installed. All in all, I am impressed with how quickly everything is coming together.

Last week's Bible institute class was not very well attended. We started with four Mongolian men and added a fifth the second week. But last week, one man was in the countryside for work, another student was in the hospital prepping for surgery, another student was struggling with chest pain and had an EKG, and the fourth did not show up. With a single student and a big test scheduled in one of the classes, we postponed the class for a week. Keep praying because for me, training these men is one of the main reasons that I am here.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.