Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Deans' weekly update

Moving between continents always has its little difficulties—nothing serious, mind you. Language adjustments, fresh germs, jet lag, moving back into your place—none of these are spectacular but each one wears a little on one's patience. We are currently on our second (and hopefully last) bout of flu-like symptoms, and I am finally feeling as if my language ability is coming back after two weeks of distressingly difficult language ability. Sometimes I would open my mouth to talk and nothing would come out.

The services on Sunday were normal considering that this is the month when many people head out of the city to take in the fresh air and calmer pace of the countryside. Several people came yesterday who had not come in a while; and I was excited to note how well things ran without me. I arrived about 30 minutes early to open up the church and do a little spot cleaning. I found that the church was already open and the cleaning already done. Ganpurev and his family arrived very early (for Mongolians) to open the church, and Bilgee had come the day before to do a thorough cleaning. Dashka came in early and led the singing. Ganpurev taught an excellent lesson, and afterward the people stayed eager to fellowship with each other.

Pray for patience as we minister and for continued help with the language. Pray that God would give us favor with the Mongolians so that they will listen to us, consider what the Scripture says, and honor the example that we give them.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.