This past weekend I was able to visit both Enkhee and Ganbold. Enkhee was electrocuted and burned about a month ago. The electric shock knocked him unconscious. Some co-workers dropped him off at home unconscious and left. (I'm not sure why they did not take him to a hospital). The next day Enkhee returned to work. When I visited him I saw the scars from the electrical burns. He attributes his safety and "quick" recovery to God's protection. He still works seven days and about 80 hours a week. In fact, the last two times that I met him, I visited him at work.
Ganbold continues to work seven days a week too. He recently won an award as a top bus driver for his company. The company offered to send him on a vacation (unpaid) for seven or ten days. Ganbold declined to go because he needs the salary more than he needs the vacation he said. Neither of these men though saved is able to attend our church services. My heart is burdened because their spiritual growth is stunted by their lack of personal Bible study, lack of prayer, and lack of fellowship.
As an example of this, on Saturday Ganbold's father-in-law came to visit. He noticed that all the pictures of gods and idols were gone from Ganbold's ger (that's good). He began to rebuke them for not having their gods out. But Ganbold did not talk this opportunity to witness to his father-in-law. Perhaps the spiritual discernment and boldness necessary for such a time is missing because of Ganbold's weak spiritual life.
On Sunday, the numbers were down but still above where they were in the fall. Ganpurev preached in my place on the love of God and did a good job. Obviously, he speaks the language much better than I do. I had given him some help and some verses to use but was impressed because most of his lesson was not a restatement of what I had taught him and he had some verses that he did not get from me. It is good for me to listen to Mongolian preach and exciting to think that God understands Ganpurev's Mongolian preaching as well as He understands my English preaching!
Please pray for these Mongolians. They need to realize that they must put God's kingdom first and then God will work on their behalf.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment