Friday, May 11, 2007

Enkhamgalan & Ganpurev update May 07

I know that many of your have been praying. Many of you have been praying for the men with whom I work with by name. For those of you I offer this update.

I met Enkhamgalan last year and though his name means "peace" he certainly did not know what peace was. We've met a couple more times since then, and he occasionally attends on Sundays. Yesterday, Bilgee, Enkhamgalan, and I met for a Bible study, and the difference in Enkhamgalan's attitude is remarkable.

Perhaps you think that the difference is his situation but you would be mistaken. Enkhamgalan's father has cancer and his life currently hangs in the balance. Also, last week Enkhamgalan found out that he would be losing his job this month. Despite those setbacks, he seems more at peace than he was before. As I asked him some about salvation yesterday he gave me some answers that lead me to believe that he a Christian. What else could explain the amazing peace that he has in the midst of his difficulties. Please pray that his present circumstances will strengthen his faith and that he will find comfort in God and God's word. I, too, would ask your prayers for wisdom as I work with this young man.

In other news, Ganpurev still has his job. I asked him what his boss had to say to him Monday after he declined to come into work on Sunday. He said that she said nothing to him. I see this as confirmation of God's blessing on a right decision. Continue to pray for Ganpurev's growth in grace. This weekend Ganpurev and Ulzee said that they will visit Mandaa and Bayambaa's place. I have witnessed to Mandaa before but I am hoping that Ganpurev's superior Mongolian will be a help to Mandaa's understanding of salvation. Please pray for Mandaa's salvation. It would be a wonderful event for Ganpurev to be the one to lead Mandaa to our Savior!

One last note, remember I said that the weather had been warm. Don't worry about global warming just yet. Today (Friday) at 3 PM it was snowing here in UB. It's not quite summer yet.

Thank you for praying!

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.