The exciting news for this month comes from Resurrection Sunday when I visited Ganbold’s ger to teach him and his family another Bible lesson. A surprise was waiting for me as I looked around Ganbold’s ger that night: all his idols were gone. When I asked him where his idols were, he told me he had disposed of them. I followed up my initial question by asking him why he had done that. He told me that he now believed in Jesus and no longer needed his idols. At the end of our lesson, Ganbold also prayed to ask the Lord God for forgiveness of his sins. Since many of you have been praying for his salvation, I am glad to report that I believe he has shown fruit appropriate for repentance.
Resurrection Sunday night I also asked his sons if they wanted to pray to ask God to forgive their sins. They said they were not ready. Frankly, even before I asked I expected that they still were not ready. However, I am not discouraged because they are still listening to the preaching of God’s Word. I told Ganbold that he needs to pray for the salvation of his sons. Please join with us in praying for their salvation: Gantulag, Gerel-od, Gerelsaikhan, and Darkhanbold. Certainly do not neglect to pray for his wife, Khorloo. She seemed genuinely interested in the Bible teaching on Resurrection Sunday.
The potential impact we can have through Ganbold’s family is truly amazing. First, there is still significant respect for age here in Mongolia. Since Ganbold is the oldest in his family, his testimony and his beliefs will carry considerable weight. He has two younger siblings who are Christians, but they are the youngest in the family. Five other siblings could be substantially influenced by his decision. Second, the idols that Ganbold had were not just any idols. He had received them from his father who was a famous shaman in his local area. That Ganbold rid his home of these idols was a decision that surprised several of his relatives. To me, his willingness to give up his gods is just another evidence of the Holy Spirit regenerating a wicked heart. Please pray that Ganbold will grow in grace and be a bright testimony for our Savior to his family. Third, Ganbold has four grown sons, two daughters, and three daughters-in-law. Almost all of them have come to at least one Bible lesson that I have taught in Ganbold’s ger. Please continue praying for their salvation.
The greatest obstacle, again, is time. Ganbold and his sons all work as bus drivers, often spending 12-14 hours a day preparing their buses, driving, and repairing them. They all work six days a week and many times work seven days to cover for other drivers. When I teach a lesson, it is rare that all of them can be there. Pray that time will be given them to study God’s Word.


No comments:
Post a Comment