Monday, October 23, 2006

Prayer update

Things continue to move along slowly here. Nothing ever seems to happen as fast as I wish it would. But here are a few updates about people for whom I asked you to pray last month.

I visited Ganbold and already mentioned his openness to study the Bible. Like many Mongolians, he seems to lack time. Please pray that Ganbold and I would find a good time for him to study.

Moogii’s baby was born at the end of September. I plan to visit, congratulate them on their new baby, and offer a small gift. But in Mongolia, friends do not visit the newborn and family until after a month has passed. Here in the next few weeks, I should be able to go by to visit.

Last night, I visited Mendee and was able to see him for the first time since I returned. He has a government job that takes him to the countryside for weeks at a time. Ganpurev and I visited him together and told him more about salvation, the one true God, and repentance. He and his family listened intently and asked many good questions. His grown son Bayaraa, who is a student at the border soldiers’ officers’ academy, was surprised when he was told that man can have a direct relationship with the true God. They seemed open to meeting regularly to study the Bible although Mendee’s frequent trips to the countryside may hamper regular meetings. Pray that we could visit them regularly and that they would be saved.

I finally saw Enkee last night too. He seems to be struggling. His work has him working 10-12 hours a day, seven days a week. He says he does not have any time to meet and no hope of a break from work for some time.

I have a visit scheduled with Daimkaa next Saturday. Daimkaa remains convinced that his only hope in life is to travel to the US to work. Please pray that he would see that his greatest need is Jesus Christ.

Bob continues to come on Sundays. Sometimes he takes an adversarial approach to the lesson. Sometimes he seems to be listening intently to what is said. Continue to pray for his salvation. I believe that the biggest obstacle is his own pride.

Don't forget that we are laborers together for the sake of the Gospel!

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.