Sunday, April 24, 2011

the empty tomb

Last year, Kristie and I had a chance to visit Israel. It was a memorable trip. For me, one of the greatest joys was visiting the Garden Tomb. We had an excellent volunteer guide, and the atmosphere is indescribable.

But the highlight of the visit and the trip is seeing the empty tomb. Whether Jesus' body lay for three days and three nights in the tomb that we visited I cannot say. But I can proclaim that regardless of where His body was laid, it is not
there now! No, He is risen and seated at the right hand of the Father. Our visit to an empty tomb outside of Jerusalem was simply a reminder of that fact.

So if you are a Christian, rejoice with me today that He is risen as He said.

If you have not trusted Christ as your personal Savior from sin, I encourage you to seek out the historical documents starting with the record of the Bible. Come, see for yourself if Jesus Christ has not been declared to be the Son of God with power by the resurrection from the dead. Here's the testimony of one who did just that and what he found.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.