Friday, March 04, 2011

Quote of the week

"The ministerial association of a certain city in the homeland once invited me to tell them about the Spirit's quickening work in China. In my address I assured them that I had no reason to consider myself any special favorite of the Almighty. What God had done through me in China I was sure He was able and willing to do through them in Canada. Hence that every minister should have the faith and courage to look to God the Holy Spirit to revive His people. I went on to point out that John Wesley and his colleagues were just ordinary men until their hearts were touched by the Divine fire. At that point a Methodist of some note interrupted me. 'What, sir!' he exclaimed. 'Do you mean to tell me that we don't preach better now than John Wesley ever did?'

'Are you getting John Wesley's results?' I asked."

from By My Spirit Jonathan Goforth

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.