I love my job! I have worked a variety of jobs during my lifetime. Some were more interesting than others. Probably the least interesting job I ever had was as a janitor at a hospital. My duties every day were to empty the same trash cans, sweep the same floors, mop the same way, wipe down the same counters every day. Occasionally, I had the opportunity to work in the emergency room; now that could be interesting.
But I love this job as a missionary. I get paid to do what I really enjoy doing—love people and tell them about Jesus Christ Who is the way, the truth, and the life. Every day is different. Some days are really different! There are disappointments which push me closer to Jesus Christ and victories that cause me to rejoice in God’s goodness.
And in the end, I make a living as an ambassador for Jesus Christ! I have the security of knowing that I am on God’s side and the comfort of knowing that what I am doing counts for eternity. Who could ask for a better career?


No comments:
Post a Comment