Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Deans' weekly update

A warm greeting to all of you who pray for us. We are still waiting for our first day above freezing in 2011. Several weeks ago when the highs were in the upper 20's, I expected that any day would bring ice melting temperatures. But a weeks long cold spell has meant that we have yet to see it. Maybe next week.

Tuesday is International Women's Day, an important holiday in Mongolia. We took advantage of the upcoming holiday to hold a special Sunday where we encouraged people to invite women who were special to them to the service. We had three visitors come out for the first time.

Our goal since our arrival in Mongolia has been to support families. Currently, Kristie and I are dealing with a family living outside of God's will. As is generally true there is fault both on the side of the husband and the wife. In-laws are complicating the matter, and it does not help that the problem has festered without resolution for some years.

We would like to see a miracle, a God-honoring, attention-drawing, awe-inspiring display of God's mercy and grace. Am I selfish for desiring a miracle? That is my prayer request for this week. I am not at liberty to mention the details. But please pray for God to work mightily. Perhaps someday I can give you all the particulars.

Some parting thoughts: pray for revival, live for God, stay warm.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.