This past Sunday was actually a good day for us with thirty Mongolians in attendance. I have been inviting my neighbor out to church. He told me earlier that he would try to come this Sunday. So Saturday night I visited his place to check on him and encourage him to come out in the morning. He was brutally honest. "I'm having some friends over. And we plan to drink this whole bottle of vodka," he explained opening his freezer and showing me a bottle of vodka on ice. After that, we plan to go to the store and buy more vodka. If I can come in the morning, I will."
The next morning, I waited as long as possible to visit his home. Although I knocked several times, no one ever came to the door. I think I know what that means.
Another neighbor of mine has a son who has a chronic lung condition. He has had this condition for some time, but the doctors misdiagnosed it. Now they are worried that his lung condition is affecting his growth. So they had a shaman come to their house. We could hear the banging of the drums from our apartment. When we went out into the hallway, we could hear the chanting and smell the burning of incense. Here is a family, both husband and wife are well-educated. The husband has even studied in other countries. They have a nice apartment and both have good jobs. By all standards they look very modern. But they have reached back to their religious heritage from centuries past in search of a cure for their son. We have witnessed to them before. The wife even attended a service once. But they see Christianity as a foreign religion that is not for them.
Pray for a work of God to begin among these people! I am so burdened to see Mongolians saved, baptized, and growing.


No comments:
Post a Comment