Monday, March 02, 2009

Sunday update

Sunday's attendance was down because of illness. There were two families were felled by illness yesterday. On top of that, the schools all had classes yesterday to make up for a day that we taken off during the lunar new year celebration. I hope that this does not become a habit for schools to have lessons on Sunday.

Ganpurev was away in the countryside which left me with all the responsibilities: the song-leading, the announcing, and the preaching. Kristie and I have been praying that God would raise up a song-leader. This alone would be tremendous help to me. Unfortunately, Ganpurev cannot carry a tune nor has he had any music background. Perhaps it is time to start training him to lead singing.

This Sunday is International Women's Day. It is not an American holiday but seems to have some connection to other countries' celebrations. Since there is no Mother's Day here, we use this Mongolian holiday as an opportunity to honor women. In past years, we have had a meal hosted by the men or a party for husbands and wives.

This year since Women's Day is on a Sunday, we are planning a special service. We have been encouraging the church to invite out mothers, sisters, and other women who do not normally attend church; and there will be a small gift for each lady that comes. Additionally, we are planning to split the first part of the service into separate men's and women's services. Ganaa has agreed to teach the women's class and is preparing a lesson. I will prepare a lesson about honoring women for the men. During the latter part of the service Ganpurev will preach an evangelistic sermon to all these adults. Please pray that God will bless our efforts.

I am realizing more and more that we need the power of the Holy Spirit. I know that God expects us to water and plant, but I also know that it is God that gives the increase. Let's pray together for the Holy Spirit to convict of sin, righteousness, and judgment so that people come to repentence.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.