Monday, December 29, 2008

Sunday update

We had a good turnout this past Sunday despite a lot of sickness in Ulan Bator. Our total turnout reached 40 in the morning. Strangely enough, we had a very unusual guest come; I only know him as Dash Akh. He is one of the prime movers in the neo-evangelical movement in Mongolia. He pastors a church near where we live which is one reason his appearance was so unexpected. He also is a leader in the Mongolian Evangelical Alliance and heads up the Mongolian United Bible Societies. He came after the first hour and sat through my whole sermon.

I preached on the importance of prayer and challenged the church to pray specifically for four things.
  1. The salvation of unsaved spouses of church members
  2. A strong salvation testimony from Aya
  3. God's blessing on Byambaa as she contemplates having her entire thyroid removed
  4. For God to restore Gantsetseg's marriage
We then concluded our service with an extra time of prayer.

I know that many of you are praying for us and would ask you to pray for these four things with us. I'll try to write some more specific background on each request in this coming week.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.