I received an urgent SMS this morning from a young lady who has attended church a few times and whose home Ganpurev, Ulzee, and I have visited. She had a very vivid dream about her mother in the night and wondered what she should do about it.
I quickly called her to ascertain the situation. She was obviously very upset and repeated her story: her dead grandmother appeared to her in a dream that seemed very real. Mongolians take such "appearances" very seriously and usually make an immediate trip to the Buddhists lamas to fulfill some ritual.
Her question was which ritual did the Bible prescribe when a dead relative appeared in a dream. She was very serious about her question. I explained to her that there were no rituals to perform, no need to exorcise any spirits even though her grandmother had seemed so life-like in her dream. I urged her to ask God for peace and pointed out that sometimes dreams can be tools that devilish forces use to upset us.
Her call was a reminder that in this superstitious culture dreams and visions are still taken quite seriously. Even today one can visit a shaman or witch doctor who will try to explain one's dreams. And demonic opposition is very real here too. Pray for these very young Christians that they would grow in their faith. Also pray for these unsaved yet sincerely interested Mongolians to realize their desperate need for Jesus Christ.
Monday, December 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment