Recently a guide was in Hatgal and noticed the way in which Trina Cofer and her daughter were dressed. She decided from the way that they were dressed that they must be Christians. She approached Trina and heard the Gospel. Trina told her that when she returned to the city (Ulan Bator), she should call me and I would teach her the Bible.
The guide whose name is Uganaa called me last Monday as I was waiting at the airport to travel to Hatgal to visit the Cofers. I asked her to call me back on Thursday and she complied calling me again on Thursday to arrange a meeting. Uganaa, Kristie, and I met Thursday night and for several hours on Friday to discuss who Jesus is.
Uganaa has studied the Koran with a religious teacher from Turkey, has studied with the Unification Church, and has a Book of Mormon which she has read parts of. She has also read the New Testament completely. She has lots of questions and admits that she has lots of misconceptions about what the Bible teaches that she must rid herself of. But she is open to learning. She says that she will be at our church service on Sunday, and we expect to meet with her several more times next week before her job as a guide takes her to the countryside again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment