Monday, April 09, 2007

Resurrection Sunday

This past Sunday we remembered our Savior's resurrection from the dead showing His victory over the grave. Unfortunately, two of our faithful men were called away by work, and for the first time since our return to Mongolia, we had more women at the service than men. For those of you who are interested in the numbers there were seven Mongolian adults (four of whom were women) and seven Mongolian children.

But the best news of the day came in the evening when I went to teach Ganbold and his family another lesson from the Bible. In the past his wife, who seemed quite antagonistic toward my Bible teaching, would always leave as soon as I began my lesson. This last Sunday night, I asked her if she would stay for the Bible lesson. She surprised me and agreed to stay. Along with his wife, Khorloo, three of his four grown sons were also there.

Another surprise was waiting for me when I looked around Ganbold’s ger last night. All his idols were gone. When I asked him where his idols were, he told me that he had disposed of them. I followed up my initial question by asking him why he had done that. He told me that he now believed in Jesus and no longer needed them. At the end of our lesson Ganbold also prayed to ask the Lord God for forgiveness for his sins. Many of you have been praying for his salvation, and I am glad to report that although I cannot see his heart, I believe that he has shown the fruit appropriate for repentance.

Monday, when I told one of Ganbold’s relatives that his idols were gone, she expressed surprise that Ganbold would have already given up his gods. Ganbold’s father was a Mongolian shaman, and the idols that were in Ganbold’s house were his. The whole family felt that he would never give up his idols because they had been his father’s. To me, his willingness to give up his gods is just another evidence of the Holy Spirit regenerating a wicked heart.

Khorloo & Kristie

Sunday, I also asked his sons if they wanted to pray to ask God to forgive their sins. They said that they were not ready. Frankly, even before I asked I expected that they still were not ready. However, I am not discouraged because they are still listening to the preaching of God’s Word. I told Ganbold that he needs to pray for the salvation of his sons. I will prepare another lesson on salvation next week and be back to preach Jesus Christ to his family. Please join with us in praying for the salvation of Ganbold’s sons: Gantulag, Gerel-od, Gerelsaikhan, and Darkhanbold. Certainly do not neglect to pray for his wife, Khorloo. She seemed genuinely interested in the Bible teaching last night.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.