Saturday, April 14, 2007

News and prayer requests

I hope that there are some of you who still check this blog regularly for updates. In Mongolia, there are some weeks, months even, where not much of interest happens. I have learned to take a breath and prepare because at some point I will plunge into a swamp full of responsibilities. The last few months have been rather slow until Ganbold's recently renewed interest in studying the Bible with me. But this week it seems that the logjam of uneventfulness is starting to break free. I just hope that I have taken a deep enough breath.

Of course, this past Sunday, I saw Ganbold's change of heart and noticed that his idols were gone. This has rejuvenated my hope that events will start moving faster with his family. He has three married sons, a college-aged son and daughter, and a high school age daughter. There is so much potential there. Not only his children, but Ganbold is the oldest in his family. There are eight of them, and three are now Christians. Age and birth order bring significant respect in Mongolian society. The other two were the younger ones in the family, but Ganbold is the oldest. I suspect that should Ganbold's life change as radically as others have, his whole family will sit up and take notice.

Then another thing came up this last week. Enkhamgalan and I had some conversations last year, but recently have had little contact. When I visit Bilgee at work and see him in passing, he often teases me by speaking Mongolian very quickly and saying odd things. However, when I saw Enkhamgalan on Thursday, he was very serious and told me that his father had stomach cancer. His father has had an operation and is still in the hospital. Obviously, this has upset Enkhamgalan very much. He told me that he intends to came this Sunday to our meeting. The peace that he is desperately seeking is only found in Jesus Christ.

That was Thursday. Friday Daimkaa came over to my house. It has been years since Daimkaa came to my house, although I visit Daimkaa's ger several times a year. His life is in turmoil too, he says; and the answer to him is to move to Ireland. But to move to Ireland he needs several thousand dollars which he does not have. I told him (again) that what he really needs is Jesus Christ. This time he listened to me. He response was that he has heard all this before and respects the Bible. He just does not believe. But he agreed to meet with Ganpurev and Ulzee and hear their testimony.

So you can see that there will be more opportunities in the coming weeks than there have been in a while. Pray for the salvation of Ganbold's children, Enkhamgalan and his father, and Daimkaa. I will keep you updated.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.