If two Sundays ago was a good one with eighteen total Mongolians, this last Sunday was a bad one with only five Mongolians - all adults. Some of the adults were sick (like the children's Bible story teacher), some were at work, some just did not come. About an hour before the meeting was to start, the Mongolian lady who has been teaching part of the Sunday school lesson called to say that she could not come. Kristie, always ready for a challenge, prepared to do something with the kids in place of the Bible story. Strangely though, not one child came. That is the first time not one child has attended since we returned.
So that night, I headed over to Ganbold's ger. I had visited Saturday night to see what was happening and to ask him why he had not called me to teach another lesson. He was very friendly Saturday night, said that he had trouble disposing of the family idols because they came from his father, and asked me to teach another Bible lesson to his family on Sunday night. There were three adults present at Bible study at Ganbold's ger which was almost as many as I taught in the morning. Though Ganbold and his son Gantulag, in particular, seemed to be very close to salvation, I am very cautious about teaching them about the assurance of their salvation before I see "fruit meet (appropriate) for repentance." In Ganbold's case, I would like to see him throw away his idols. I have another appointment to go back next Sunday night again. Please continue to pray for them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment