It has been an awkward two weeks. Frankly, there was not much to talk about. It seemed that people were too busy to meet with me again. But instead of complain or worry or become discouraged, I spent much more time in my office preparing lessons and sermons. I now have a c0uple extra lessons and sermons prepared for those weeks when I have more visits.
Then surprises of all surprises, we had twelve Mongolian adults and six Mongolian children come out today. That is the most Mongolian adults we have ever had come out on a Sunday morning before. (The New Year's Eve service was on a Sunday night). So the Lord just continues to encourage me.
Three of the twelve adults were first-time visitors. They paid close attention and said that they would be back. Bayambaa's father also came again. He asked if Jesus Christ was the same as the Eternal Blue Sky God that many Mongolians worship. I had help from several Mongolians in explaining to him that Jesus was the one who created the sky and that the God of the Bible was called the God of heaven meaning that He was even above the heavens. It was good to hear the Mongolians explaining it so accurately. Syncretism, the mixing of false traditional beliefs with Biblical truth, is very common in Mongolia. Some Mongolians equate the God of the Bible with some traditional Mongolian god. It is good to see Mongolian Christians who clearly see the difference.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment