Sunday, March 18, 2007

Sunday update

Temperatures are finally breaking the freezing point here. We had a few days of nice weather with temperatures in the forties the last few days of February that caused us to long for spring here. Instead the last two weeks have seen winter-like temperatures with nights in the -30's and days just above zero. Perhaps now spring is on its way.

Our attendance was down this last Sunday with only five Mongolian adults. One family was away due to a death among their close acquaintances.

Ganbold has been "unable" to meet with me recently. I found out that some of my teaching from the Bible may have offended him. I am not worried about it but have been praying for his salvation. The obstacle is that he does not like the idea that he must get rid of his false gods. He wants God to bless him and ease his hurts and fix the consequences of his sin without actual repentance. I Thessalonians 1:9 summarizes it well: "...how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God." In Ganbold's case he does not want to serve God; he wants God to serve him. Many Americans are like that too. Please continue to pray for Ganbold because I plan to stay in contact with him.

I have a blessing to share. On Sunday, after the preaching, Ganpurev said to the people assembled, "Let's meet once a week to pray for the salvation of our relatives, friends, and neighbors." I was very happy to hear him suggest it. They discussed it a little and decided to meet on Wednesday nights. I told them that I would definitely come! I am excited to think about what God will do through your prayers and their prayers combined!

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.