Monday, March 05, 2007

Sunday update

Sunday was quite a day! When I woke up in the morning I felt sick to my stomach. The whole family has been fighting stomach problems, so I was not surprised. Then I began to feel nauseated and became concerned about whether I would be preaching or not. But although the feeling slowed me down, I kept getting ready to go and left on time.

On the way over to the rooms where we meet on Sunday morning, I slipped on the ice and fell flat on my back, smacking my head against the ice in the process. I was still sore on Monday. On Sunday, the soreness in my back made me forget the soreness in my abdomen though.

We had eight Mongolian adults and seven Mongolian children Sunday morning. I thank the Lord for the good turnout. We continue to have more men than women coming, and I praise the Lord for His goodness in blessing us with men. Roland spoke about soulwinning from John 4. My sermon was about the purpose of the law. Last week, Bilgee asked how the ordinances of the Old Testament apply to Christians. That prompted my sermon about the Old Testament law.

In the evening, I went over to Ganbold's house to teach a Bible lesson. I was hoping to avoid buuz for at least the month of March (especially since I was sick to my stomach), but there it was - the quintessential Mongolian comfort food. Anyway, after eating some the lesson started with Ganbold, his wife, and two of his adult sons. Two more adult sons were planning to come but had to go to work suddenly Ganbold explained to me.

The lesson went well; the Mongolians seemed to understand what I was teaching. I took my time and presented who God is, man's inherent sinfulness, the wages of sin, and the sacrifice of Jesus Christ that makes it possible for us to receive forgiveness and eternal life. I think both Ganbold and his son Gantulag are close to salvation. Please pray diligently this week for the conviction of the Holy Spirit and for their salvation. I am to return next Sunday to teach another lesson on the Bible. I am searching for the right Biblical parallel or parable to help them understand this concept of salvation. Also pray that the other two sons can sit in next week's lesson.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.